- Background & Solution Offerings
- Who are Eagle and Prism?
- What does the Prism Technology do?
- What does Eagle do specific to Prism technology?
- What are your thoughts on the CCTV industry, as it exists today and where it is going?
- Is Prism the only offering transmits video images into the cloud using minimal bandwidth (i.e. existing bandwidth)?
- Can you list for us the analytics incorporated in the Prism Software
- What are some of the ways in which the Eagle-Prism systems can be used?
- Can we integrate to our POS or provide an image overlay of transactional data?
- How do we know the video is protected, along with privacy?
- Can Prism be used for surveillance purposes?
- Does Prism offer Dashboards?
- Would Eagle be interested in joint venturing with companies to create new revenue streams?
- What do you see as the difference between a focused Video Analytic and an everyday business tool?
- How many people can access the cloud-based video at any given time?
- Can personnel access the video using their smart phone, iPad device, notebook or desktop?
- Does Eagle have some sample reports that we could review?
- Can Eagle and Prism provide data and assistance, as needed, to in-house analysts or outside consulting firms?
- What is the Cost of Ownership (installation, operations, repairs/replacements, upgrades, analytics and analysis, storage, etc.)
- What are the guarantees that Eagle-Prism will work for my company?
- How much might it cost us to utilize the Prism solution?
- How does the cost of Prism as a surveillance solution compare with traditional box and VMS systems?
- How much does it cost for personnel to have access to video (whether real-time or historic)?
- Would we have to purchase the System outright or is it available as a lease or a service?
- Installation & Integration
- What is the impact on our network?
- How quickly and easily can this technology be rolled-out across the hundreds or thousands of stores?
- Can Eagle perform new installations?
- Can Eagle perform break-fix (repairs)?
- How long will the Eagle Tech server last vs. current DVRs?
- Can we use existing cameras and DVRs?
- Can existing DVRs, when they are failing, or fail, be replaced by an Eagle Server system appliances?
- Can the Eagle appliance be used for other services and benefits?
1. Background & Solution Offerings
Who are Eagle and Prism?
Prism is based in San Francisco and is an up and coming, talent-rich company. Prism was founded in 2011 by technology visionary, Steve Russell and company builder Ron Palmeri. Prism Skylabs has raised funding from a who’s who list of investors, including: Eric Schmidt (chairman and CEO of Google, invested via TomorrowVentures); Marc Andreseen (founder of Netscape, invested via Andreseen Horowitz); Yuri Milner (prominent Russian technology investor, who graduated locally from Wharton and has made significant investments in Facebook, Zynga, and Twitter), and more. Eagle has partnered with Steve Russell for much of the past 6 years, starting at Steve’s prior company, 3VR. Eagle is a significant investor in both Prism and 3VR.
Eagle is based in Kennett Square and was founded by Joe Nolan, who started at PwC and is an entrepreneur and venture capitalist. Eagle’s services include: video, intrusion, fire alarm, electrical, lighting and more. Eagle installs and performs facility maintenances services on a 24/7 basis in 49 of the 50 United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Mexico and portions of South America. Eagle is currently responsible for more than 13,000 facilities, including companies, such as: Walgreens, Iron Mountain Records, Siemens, Cap One, Wells Fargo, Kaiser Permanente and Motorola. Eagle’s value proposition extends from its’ low cost, professional installation, solid state Eagle appliance for running cloud based software, to its’ back-end analysis of data.
What does the Prism Technology do?
Using very little bandwidth, Prism takes video from existing or new cameras and transmits it to the cloud, where it can be stored for long periods of time at very low costs. While in the cloud, Prism’s software can apply a host of analytics to the video images.
What does Eagle do specific to Prism technology?
Eagle utilizes the best available technologies to deliver solutions to their customers. Eagle considers Prism the best, if not the only, technology, for inexpensively transmitting video into the cloud, so it can be stored, used by businesses (for operations, marketing, safety, security, etc.) and analyzed.
Eagle preserves the “value proposition” by delivering the video and information solution (camera and servers as needed) at a low price. The low price for installing and operating the solution is a critical component for delivering a scalable and smart solution for our clients. Eagle protects its’ clients in a multiple of ways, such as guaranteeing the end-result through the use of no-cost Pilot Systems, free initial analysis and reporting to demonstrate value, and guaranteeing all reports will produce relevant and actionable information. If the client doesn’t perceive the value of the report, relative to the cost, Eagle will reduce or eliminate the cost.
What are your thoughts on the CCTV industry, as it exists today and where it is going?
The CCTV industry is attempting to make its case for delivering a valuable business proposition beyond simple surveillance. This is difficult because the historic install cost has been notoriously high and the video is expensive to store and difficult and time consuming to access and understand. Translating video into actionable and valuable business information is not an easy undertaking. Eagle and Prism believe that by substantially lower the cost of the video collection system, securely storing the video at low costs for long periods of time and applying advanced analytics and low-cost manual back-end processes (where applicable), there will be an attractive return on investment for our clients. We believe the resultant benefits must exceed the costs and, with our best available technologies, we can transform the CCTV industry.
Is Prism the only offering transmits video images into the cloud using minimal bandwidth (i.e. existing bandwidth)?
As far as we know, the answer is “Yes”, Prism is the only offering that can transmit video images into the cloud and use minimal bandwidth. Prism’s technologies are protected by over 20 provisional patents and, unlike some companies offering video analytics, Prism is a true technology company. Other video analytic offerings rely upon local storage (either very expensive or limited to short term storage) or expensive bandwidth requirements for streaming up to the cloud.
Can you list for us the analytics incorporated in the Prism Software
- Enhanced images
- Activity levels
- Contrails showing individual paths
- Aggregate traffic patterns
- Privacy protection/background view
- People counting set to a specific area and direction
- Crowd counting of the entire view
- Heat mapping of entire view or area of interest
- Detailed Zoom on areas of activity
- Time-lapse video
- Customized, automatic notifications to send alerts based on activity level, crowd size, etc.
- Integration into Social Media sites
What are some of the ways in which the Eagle-Prism systems can be used?
- To collect store counts and demographics
- To collect demographics at the pump or ATM
- To compare store counts and demographics
- To analyze store traffic patterns
- To track customers throughout the store
- To determine actual metrics while waiting for check-out
- To determine the impact on check-out times by time of day, day of week, # of registers opened or impact of opening another register
- To determine conversion
- To determine conversion from the gas pump to the store
- To view customer preference and interest to new food or product offerings
- To correlate purchases with demographics. Eagle can extend this to time of day, day of week, promotions etc.
- Visual merchandising
- Shelf completeness
- In store activity levels
- Openings and Closings
- On-time set-up of displays
- Wait time for sandwiches
- Appearance of the coffee area
- Relative count of customers to store employees
Can we integrate to our POS or provide an image overlay of transactional data?
Yes, Eagle can integrate or overlay images with the POS.
How do we know the video is protected, along with privacy?
The video is protected in the cloud and can be accessed only by your company. Further video images of people can be privacy protected by ghosting the image or removing it entirely. Prism has functionality for doing this automatically.
Optionally, there will soon be an even more secure cloud maintained in a facility that primarily supports the U.S. government. It is also possible a private cloud can be created.
Can Prism be used for surveillance purposes?
The answer varies depending on your surveillance needs. If you are satisfied with clear images as frequent as every 2-3 seconds, Prism is a very inexpensive surveillance solution. If you desire up to 10 days of streaming video, Eagle Tech can store it locally on our server in conjunction with the Prism software.
In other cases, the Eagle appliance with Prism software can be a compliment to the existing DVR or VMS solution. The VMS can even be loaded on to Eagle’s server to further increase the value proposition and keep cost low.
Does Prism offer Dashboards?
Prism has a rather wide-offering of customizable dashboards and this is a continued focus for this year. Eagle will also provide the option to export data to searchable databases to provide even more relevant information to our clients.
Would Eagle be interested in joint venturing with companies to create new revenue streams?
Yes and there are some realistic opportunities to create new and meaningful revenue streams.
What do you see as the difference between a focused Video Analytic and an everyday business tool?
We recognize the significant value in focused, comprehensive video analytics. We also recognize that identifying important information, discovering patterns and trends and testing displays and layouts does not require every store globally to be studied continuously.
We see an enormous opportunity in utilizing Prism on an everyday basis to monitor and improve operations, observe compliance, activity levels, and have the ability to access data on any location from anywhere whenever necessary. With the disruptive pricing of this solution, it is now realistic to deploy a video solution across all locations and reap the benefits of anytime access to current or past video images and apply advanced analytics whenever desired.
How many people can access the cloud-based video at any given time?
An unlimited number of personnel can access the video at the same time whether for operational, marketing, surveillance, safety, merchandising purposes.
Can personnel access the video using their smart phone, iPad device, notebook or desktop?
Does Eagle have some sample reports that we could review?
Can Eagle and Prism provide data and assistance, as needed, to in-house analysts or outside consulting firms?
What is the Cost of Ownership (installation, operations, repairs/replacements, upgrades, analytics and analysis, storage, etc.)
Installation – a) For a new installation having no existing cameras, the cost could be up to 40% less than traditional CCTV systems installed by traditional integrators. b) Where there are IP cameras and a DVR, the cost could range from several hundred dollars on the low-end to up to $1,000, if we have to install an Eagle server. c) Where there are Analog cameras, the cost will approximate $1,000. d) New or additional indoor IP cameras can be added at between $600 and $700 per camera.
Operations – To transmit, store, access and archive the video images in the cloud will cost less than $50 per store per month for up to five (5) cameras.
Repairs and Replacements – Eagle offers a technology refresh solution, along with warranties on the equipment and installation, so unless there is damage caused by others or Act of God, there is no cost for repair and replacement for at least the 1st two years. After which, Eagle’s costs are very low, as might be expected of a company that was successful in being awarded national contracts for companies, such as: Walgreens, CB Richard Ellis (CBRE), Capital One, Iron Mountain, Kaiser Permanente and others.
Upgrades – Software upgrades are available at no additional cost, and, with our technology refresh solution (a monthly service offering), there is no charge for equipment change-outs.
Analytics, Analysis and Storage – Most of Prism’s analytics and storage of data is no additional charge for several months. This long-term storage of video can be very valuable when performing in-depth analysis of historic video.
What are the guarantees that Eagle-Prism will work for my company?
Eagle’s philosophy is to deliver a guaranteed solution at an attractive price to its’ clients. Starting with a no-cost, no-obligation Pilot of one or multiple sites. The Pilot can be used to determine the benefits and to help create the solutions needed. We will encourage you to “Tell Us…”- tell us what you are seeking to achieve and where do you feel there are benefits to be harvested and improvements to be made. From this, we will design a solution to deliver value. Prior to any “for profit” roll-out, Eagle wants to make sure its’ Eagle-Prism solution works and has been fully examined.
Following the Pilot and rollouts, Eagle expects to be actively engaged in performing detailed analysis in the form of reports and studies. Due to the software analytics, long-term archival of video, correlation with other information and Eagle’s inexpensive manual back-end, we believe these reports will cost very little (as little as $500 to $3,000) in most instances. No matter the cost, Eagle will guarantee that the report results in valuable information or the client can elect to make a smaller payment for the report, or no payment at all. Eagle has a philosophy that the overall relationship is more important than a single transaction.
How much might it cost us to utilize the Prism solution?
Assuming 5 cameras per store, the monthly viewing and storage cost, including add basic analytics will cost less than $50 per store.
How does the cost of Prism as a surveillance solution compare with traditional box and VMS systems?
In some cases, it could cost 40% less than traditional CCTV systems. In part it depends on the integrator.
How much does it cost for personnel to have access to video (whether real-time or historic)?
Only the base cost per store which for a 5 camera set-up would be less than $50 per month, regardless of whether 1 or 50 personnel were viewing the video images.
Would we have to purchase the System outright or is it available as a lease or a service?
All options are available.
3. Installation and Integration
What is the impact on our network?
Video images can be transferred to the cloud utilizing existing bandwidth or we can install a new and independent uplink. The latter will modestly add to the cost per store. From a security perspective, any new IP devices will be placed on an independent network engineered to the requirements set forth by the IT department.
How quickly and easily can this technology be rolled-out across the hundreds or thousands of stores?
Eagle’s rather exceptional capabilities (service offerings and geographic reach) would enable us to build-out thousands of sites within one year. Eagle is currently performing almost 1,000 installations and repairs daily throughout North America.
Can Eagle perform new installations?
Can Eagle perform break-fix (repairs)?
How long will the Eagle Tech server last vs. current DVRs?
The Eagle Tech server is solid-state and will generally last much longer than today’s DVRs. Additionally, it is less expensive and in some cases, much, much less expensive.
Can we use existing cameras and DVRs?
Can existing DVRs, when they are failing, or fail, be replaced by an Eagle Server system appliances?
Can the Eagle appliance be used for other services and benefits?
Yes, Eagle’s appliance can be used to host POS in the cloud, push through video advertisements and more.